About Me

header ads

The new boot sound of Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin? Does not exist!


What I found incredible, but I was also confirmed by some members of the Ubuntu team. After installing Ubuntu 12.04, I switched the speakers to enjoy the new sound of default introduced in Precise Pangolin: nothing. Then I thought it was a stupid question, so I went to Settings -> Applications boot to enable sound and found nothing! Never mind, I decide to manually use the command to enable it:
/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play --id="desktop-login" --description="GNOME Login"
But ..... Now run this command from a terminal. Notice anything strange? Well yes, Ubuntu is the old sound, not the new! So I have not given us peace and tried another directory, another file:
/usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo/desktop-login.ogg
And nothing is the same identical African sounds we already know! What happened, then, the much-loved, new sound from Ubuntu which was to begin with Precise Pangolin? Was not included! Unfortunately you do not know the reasons for this sudden choice not to include it, so that even some of my friends are Canonical developers was a bit 'too stunned.

The mystery deepens, but as soon as I can find out more, I will inform you immediately!

Post a Comment

0 Comments