About Me

header ads

Get higher screen resolution with NVIDIA drivers in Ubuntu


This is a problem I have with my PC, Ubuntu and Nvidia drivers after every installation I do a new version of Ubuntu.

My desktop PC has an integrated graphics card Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, the problem arises after Nvidia drivers installed, and I can not get a higher resolution than 1024×768, someone will say it is a resolution so low but for me that I get to use 1280×1024 if it is.

Than any mortal ? Would be to go directly to nvidia-settings and from there change the resolution, the problem is that we allowed to change the resolution but want to record, returns this error.
  • Failed to parse existing X config file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'!
We solve it as follows, after installing Nvidia drivers have to run the following command:
  • sudo nvidia-xconfig
This command modifies the /etc/X11/xorg.conf for nvidia-settings and change it to read it, now you can change your screen resolution from nvidia-settings
  • sudo nvidia-settings

Post a Comment

0 Comments